Welcome to Gladys Porter
Early College High School
Gladys Porter High School's mission is to prepare students to be lifelong learners; to be critical, independent and innovative thinkers; and to possess the technological skills to become responsible and productive citizens in a global society.
The Porter Cowboys Soccer team is photographed celebrating with the UIL 5A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP trophy after defeating Wakeland High in a thrilling sudden death penalty shootout victory 2-2, P(10-9) Sunday in Georgetown, Tx. Follow @ElVaqueroPHS on twitter for live updates and stories.
GO PORTER COWBOYS!!
Follow us! Like us!
HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS?!
GO TO CLASS, WIN PRIZES!
CHECK OUT PRINCIPAL HERNANDEZ' WEEKLY NEWSLETTER!
BISD SUPERINTENDENT & STUDENT COUNCIl
Sec. 33.906. WEBSITE INFORMATION CONCERNING LOCAL PROGRAMS AND SERVICES AVAILABLE TO ASSIST HOMELESS STUDENTS. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (e), each school that maintains an Internet website shall post on the website information regarding local programs and services, including charitable programs and services, available to assist homeless students.(b) A school to which Subsection (a) applies shall make a good faith effort to compile information described by that subsection and shall post the information compiled in a format and style that is easily understandable by students or parents, as appropriate based on the grade levels the school offers.(c) A representative of a local program or service available to assist homeless students may request to have information concerning the program or service posted on a school's website. A school may determine the information that is posted on the school's website and is not required to post information as requested by the representative. (d) A school district is not liable for any harm to a student that results in connection with a local program or service referred to on the website of a district school as provided by this section.(e) This section does not apply to a school within a school district that: (1) has an enrollment of fewer than 3,000 students; and (2) is primarily located in a county with a population of less than 50,000. (f) This section expires September 1, 2025.
Porter Nation Community
- EBOLA : Community Information...Read More
- FREE Microsoft Office for BISD Students...Read More
- PLTW Project Lead The Way...Read More
- Wendy's Heisman Scholarship...Read More
- SAT & ACT Test Dates "Click Here"
- Make sure your child is immunized...Read More
- Learn More about BISD requirements for physicals.
Porter Nation Educators Opportunities
- Technology Services Open House...Read More
- DEIC Minutes...Read More
- Sharing Your Lesson Plan Links... Read More
- Professional Development Calendar... Weekly | Monthly | Year
- Teacher Access Quick Notes... Read More
- Workshop Bilingual Generalist... Read More
- School Supply Drive...Read More
- Win a Classroom MakeOver...Read More